The Stover Chamber of Commerce
The original southwest location of the village of Stover was established with a post office in 1875. However, with the building of the railroad just to the north of the village, commerce followed the rails and the new town of Stover was officially established in 1903 at its current location.
Two of our oldest businesses opened their doors in 1903 and in 1913. There are many more that are celebrating milestones of more than 75 and 50 years, including area churches.
With a history of perseverance, determination, and success, our mission is to continue to expand the uniqueness and viability of our commerce, and to welcome new entrepreneurs into our community for future growth.
Stover is rich with American values. Area churches, civic organizations, and community events all play an important role in giving back to the community. Our educational systems recognize and support the development of our youth, both in academics and extracurricular activities.
Infrastructure includes the upgraded water and sewer system, along with the recent installation of state-of-the-art buried fiber internet service (speeds up to 1 gigabit/sec), which provide the foundation for growth in the 21st century.
The Stover community is determined and prepared to work diligently toward our vision for the future while remaining grateful for those many individuals who worked together to bring us to where we are now.